|S.T.E.A.M. stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. This elective course is geared to prepare out students to solve real world problems using certain habits of minds such as collaboration, creative thinking, critical thinking, communication, and more. In this fully project based class you will learning how to envision, develop, design, and share your designs to an audience.|
How do I change the world with the innovations that I designed?
Mission Challenges Deadline
1st, 5th, and 7th Period
- Everyday accomplish between 1-2 stages a day on code.org. By the end of the week, you should have completed Course 2 and/or reaching the half way point of course 3. If you feel like you are behind, do some code.org courses at home.
- Write you daily reflection onto your online learning blog.
Production Managers Tasks
- Present their plan to Ms. Pai, Mr. Koppes, and Mr. Aringo's Class
- Listing what Set Builders need to build their set.
- Galactic Mail is due on Friday. January 30th.
Twitter FeedTweets by @teamaringo
F.A.Q.If you have questions about certain topics please click on the link below:
- What is competency based grading and how do I use this grade method in my class?
- How do I check grades?
- What are the habits of minds and how do student learn the habits in class?
Skip available courses
|In the STEAM Coding class, student will learning the principles of coding by looking at exploring and applying different coding structures like methods, class, loops, parameters, variables, array, conditionals, and event to a variety of projects. In the second semester will use those programming concepts to create a game which will be pitched to professionals and shared within the school community.|
|STEAM Spark is an elective only for 8th graders that meet certain requirement that will be describe during our SPARK info session. The purpose of this class is to provide students an opportunity to apprentice at a professional site outside of the school setting. Students will learn skills with their mentor as they persue their passion based experience. At the end of the semester students will share out their experience at Discovery Night. While students are apprenticing, students will learn about career exploration, leadership, professionalism, and applying the habits of mind to projects done in class. By the end of the program, student will have reflected their experience using a blog and will have created a cover letter and resume which they will carry with them for the rest of their professional lives.|