How do I change the world with the innovations that I designed?
Mission Challenges Deadline
- Portfolio Entry 7 and 8 are due on April 10th.
- Portfolio Entries are graded on April 10th for the grading period.
1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th Period
Design and Build a Scratch Program based upon something that you are learning in one of your class.
- STEP 1: Submit a Plan due April 8th
- STEP 2: Build the Program -- DRAFT 1 due April 15th
- STEP 3: Final Draft of Project due April 22nd
- Presentation of your Project on Friday April 24th.
- Online Video Screencast of Google Presentation due Wednesday- Upload to SUBMIT: Game Design Analysis.
- Game Design Challenge 1: Maze Game or Space Invaders due April 10th
- Game Design Challenge 2: Redesign A Game due April 17th
- IT'S YOUR TURN: BUILD YOUR OWN GAME
- STEP 1: Submit a Game Design Document outline a plan of your formal elements of your game due April 24th
- STEP 2: Build Your Game- Prototype Draft 1 due May 1st
- STEP 3: Build Your Game- Prototype Draft 2 due May 8th
- STEP 4: Build Your Game - Prototype Final Draft due May 13th
- STEP 5: Making 1 minute demo reel of your game using SnagIt and Window and 1-2 minute Pitch Script due May 19th.
- STEP 6: Present your pitch and demo reel to the class on May 20th and 21st.
- STEP 7: GAME NIGHT in the Room B14 and B12 from 5:45 - 7:30 PM.
- Weekly Apprenticeship Blogs
Twitter FeedTweets by @teamaringo
TOUR OF TEAMARINGO.ORG
- CREATING AND SETTING UP YOUR PORTFOLIO
- SHARING YOUR PORTFOLIO
- CREATING A PORTFOLIO ENTRY
- ADDING A PORTFOLIO ENTRY INTO YOUR VIEW
- FORMAT AND LAYOUT OF YOUR PORTFOLIO
TAKING A SNAPSHOT OF THE SCREEN
- Windows -- Uses Snipping tool
- Mac OS - Command - Shift - 4
Skip available courses
Professional Development Resources for Teachers
|S.T.E.A.M. stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. This elective course is geared to prepare out students to solve real world problems using certain habits of minds such as collaboration, creative thinking, critical thinking, communication, and more. In this fully project based class you will learning how to envision, develop, design, and share your designs to an audience.|
|In the STEAM Coding class, student will learning the principles of coding by looking at exploring and applying different coding structures like methods, class, loops, parameters, variables, array, conditionals, and event to a variety of projects. In the second semester will use those programming concepts to create a game which will be pitched to professionals and shared within the school community.|
|STEAM Spark is an elective only for 8th graders that meet certain requirement that will be describe during our SPARK info session. The purpose of this class is to provide students an opportunity to apprentice at a professional site outside of the school setting. Students will learn skills with their mentor as they persue their passion based experience. At the end of the semester students will share out their experience at Discovery Night. While students are apprenticing, students will learn about career exploration, leadership, professionalism, and applying the habits of mind to projects done in class. By the end of the program, student will have reflected their experience using a blog and will have created a cover letter and resume which they will carry with them for the rest of their professional lives.|