MISSION 6: Introduce Yourself
MISSION OVERVIEWIn this mission, you will learn how to communicate with each other on a digital forum. There are some rules we want to follow when we communicate on a forum. Below are our discussion norms.
1.) We use respectful language and graphics
2.) We write in complete sentences.
3.) Spamming on a forum prohibited.
4.) Be specific in your statements and/or questions?
- Communicate on a forum as you apply the forum norms.
- Introduce yourself to the class.
- Reply to back to your classmates.
TASK 1: Set the title of your discussion to -- Introducing YourName
TASK 2: Greet yourself to the class by:
- Introducing yourself. Hi my name is __________________.
- Describing things you like to do. I like to ________________________.
- Describe things you don't like to do. I don't like to __________________.
- Describe things you find interesting. I am interested in ___________________.
- Describe a favorite hobby. My favorite hobby is _____________________.
TASK 3: Reply to 5 different students
- Select a student message.
- Press REPLY and reply back to a peer by using the following sentence starters.
- My name is _____________________. I also enjoy ____________________. Nice to meet you.
- My name is _____________________. I didn't know your hobby is ____________________. Nice to meet you.
- My name is _____________________. Hey, I'm also interested in ____________________. Nice to meet you.
Feel free to expand your thoughts afterward
Below is a video on how to communicate on this forum.
By the end of this mission, you will have created 1 discussion and replied to 5 different people on this forum. I will be looking for
1.) Completion of your discussion.
2.) Completion of your 5 replies.
3.) Adhering to discussion norms.